Considering becoming a doula? Join us this coming in March for Birth Doula Training in Singapore !
In this part of the world we have limited opportunities for birth doula training so don’t miss this chance!
Denise Love has been facilitating learning for Doulas for the past 18 years in a variety of countries and will be in Singapore offering:
Birth Doula Foundation Course: March 7 & 9, 2016
Advanced Birth Doula (including hypnosis for birth) Course: March 10 & 11, 2016
This Doula course will prepare you to bring love, compassion and listening back to childbirth.
- Learn to come with an empty cup to a woman and let her fill it
- Explore how your own birth experience influences your work as a doula
- Challenge your own beliefs and thoughts so, as you step into her space, you relinquish the need to control or guide and honour her journey and outcome.
- We will share and honour the birth stories of babies in many different birth environments without judgment
- You will reassess the roles of doulas, and their impact on birthing women now, in the past and the future
- Clarify a Doula’s role
- Respect the limitations of that role, and the joys!
“I come with an attitude of undisturbed birth, but also a working knowledge of hospital birth in different cultures and protocols. My openness to serve women, where ever they choose to birth their child, offers a wide variety of options. I have been facilitating Doula training in Bangkok for 8 years. I now live in Chiang Mai.
Through group discussion, personal inquiry, and a variety of creative projects, I walk the class through and offer insight into the opportunity to better understand what it means to be born. We try to understand what is needed to ensure that each baby has the opportunity to enter this world unharmed. We will explore how your current beliefs and attitudes, and your own birth experiences influence the way you work with women. Being of service is a commitment to be the best you can be, and to continual self-assessment and improvement”.
Reasons you might want to join us:
- You want to open the door to new opportunities in the way you relate to women about pregnancy, birth and parenting
- You are planning pregnancy
- You want to sit with women and explore the wonders of our bodies and minds
- You want to open your heart to a new person arriving in your life
- You are looking for healing following your own birth experiences
- You want to sit in circle with awesome women
Whatever gets you there it is going to be a very special few days!
Advanced Doula is available for those who have taken the Foundation Doula Course or who already have an active doula practice.
In this course Denise who is also a Hypnotherapist will teach ways to use hypnosis effectively in pregnancy and birth. She will share simple skills to use that will enhance healing of the mind and body and open a journey into healing.
Space for both trainings are limited
Workshops are held in a private home on the East Coast timings are from 9-3pm and to keep cost low lunch is potluck, please bring a dish to share.
If you are interested in Death Doula training click here