It might be your first baby; you may have already taken birth preparation classes somewhere else and feel you want to dive deeper into a particular area or maybe it is your third baby but you want to refresh a little or debrief, to move through a previous birth experience. We will decide together the outline considering what areas you want to focus on and your individual situation.
Individualised classes are a great option for couples who want to take a one-to-one approach to birth preparation. We don’t all fit into a box; I understand that and will happily make a personalized class for you.
I advocate for freedom of movement, freedom of choice, informed decision-making, doulas, mother-baby friendly care, evidence based care, gentle birth.
Topics include but are not limited too:
- Discovering your birth philosophy
- Understanding what your baby wants
- Prenatal Parenting and connecting
- Unraveling your own birth
- Debriefing a previous birth
- Desire mapping for birth
- Creating a birth plan
- How to support your birthing hormones & avoid intervention
- The stages of labor
- How partners support mummies
- Optimal positioning for baby
- Relaxation techniques for gentle birthing
- Water birth
- What to pack for hospital birth
“I had already done prenatal classes with another organization, although I still felt unprepared about the process of giving birth. With Red the one-to-one sessions helped me to prepare mentally.The sessions were educational (not overwhelming) and the most important thing was her approach to giving birth naturally. By speaking with her, I felt empowered about the choices I had made.She was also very helpful in making my husband feel included and coached him on how he could offer help during the birthing process”. ~Amreen