Holistic prenatal care provides a strong foundation on the journey to motherhood. I want to help you be your healthiest during pregnancy and in the run up to birth, not only physically but also emotionally and mentally. The prenatal period is an important time to gather your support network, connect with friends and family and surround yourself by positive experiences that encourage and uplift you and dive into experiencing your intuition.
I provide ample time to hear and address your questions.
Some of the areas we can cover together:
- Optimal nutrition for you and baby based on your individual needs that include history, preferences, habits and blood work evaluation. Do you really need those supplements?
- Making informed choices about tests, screenings, and ultrasounds
- Monitoring your baby’s growth
- Prenatal parenting and connecting
- Monitoring your physical: blood pressure, weight gain, urine analysis,
- Optimal positioning for baby
- How to turn a breech baby
- Emotions towards your changing body
- Communication with your life partner
- Relaxation/distress techniques
- Yoga and exercise
- Preparing for birth
I have a good referral network and can point you in the direction of other holistic practitioners including Naturopaths, Chiropractors, Homeopaths and others as required.
“During my pregnancy Red was my midwife for prenatal visits and helped me to plan for our birth. She was thorough, gentle, and caring. She always goes the extra mile to provide support in whatever area is needed – whether that’s emotional, diet and exercise, or natural remedies to help with pregnancy symptoms. She highly respects what each woman and family wants for their birth, and supports them in that. While providing the knowledge she has to support a healthy mother and baby. I loved working with her, as the care she gives, as a midwife is so much more than what I got from my obstetrician. I highly recommend her care!” ~Amy