We are pleased to welcome back Denise Love to Singapore this month for more deep connection and lots of laughter.
Denise will be teaching 2 workshops:
1. Foundation Death Doula
November 24 & 25th 2016
9am – 3pm
$190 for early bird registration which ends November 9th
Location: East Coast
2. When a Baby Dies
November 22nd 2016
9am – 3pm
$130 for early bird registration which ends November 14th
Location: East Coast
Foundation Death Doula
If you missed the last dates here is your chance.
If you are thinking gloomy and depressing when you think Death Doula you are thinking of the wrong training.
Denise is a fantastic facilitator and does a wonderful job of bringing light and humour into a topic that we usually dodge talking about.
A death doula is someone who has empathy, professionalism and skills to hold space for families when their loved ones die.
Who will benefit from this training?
- Anyone who wishes to learn more about cultivating presence and personal awareness in death, dying and living well
- People facing a terminal illness
- Friends and family caring for someone who is dying
- Those who want to accompany some special in their lives through this process
- Professionals working in hospices, hospitals, nursing homes who are seeking to expand their skills and effectiveness in assisting with death and dying
- Healers and therapists who want to learn more
- Hospice volunteers or those wishing to become volunteers
- Those who want to prepare gracefully for their own journey through dying into death
- We will discuss many cultures and Singapore specificallyRegistration for Death Doula Foundation is open, space is limited and early bird pricing ends November 9th.
Click here to register
When a Baby Dies
This one day workshop will cover loss from infertility to miscarriage, stillbirth to the death of a baby in the first few weeks. Denise will also touch briefly on SIDS.
At this workshop you will learn:
- Supporting a mother getting the news
- Support prior to the birth when you know a baby has died
- Support during the birth in an early, at-home miscarriage.
- Support during the birth in a medically assisted miscarriage.
- Support during the birth in a planned at-home stillbirth.
- Support during the birth at a hospital stillbirth.
- Support following a loss of any kind
- Empathy and compassion fatigue
- Types of support and boundaries
- How you ask for money at a time like this?
This workshop is suitable for all birth workers, people who have attended the foundation death doula training, therapists and medical professionals, parents, women, and men. Denise would like as many people in the community as possible to gain skills in this area.
“Life doula is a label that works for me. My dream is as we each open ourselves to learning, we begin to create our own ability or version of ‘holding space’, building up a lifelong portfolio of capacity so that we will be the person, the people in the community that others reach out to. Formal education is not always needs in these areas but rather a deep capacity to witness, to hold.” Denise Love
To learn more about Denise click here
Looking forward to connecting and please share with anyone you think may be interested.
It is so valuable to take the opportunity to sit in a circle with wonderful people and talk about stuff that really matters.
Workshops are held in a private home on the East Coast timings are from 9-3pm.
To keep your cost low lunch is potluck style please bring a dish to share.